Collection. Information posted on GATE is obviously publicly available. Our servers are located in the United States, European Union and elsewhere in the world where GATE has facilities. Therefore, if you choose to provide us with personal information, you are consenting to GATE's collection, use, disclosure of your personal information and to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers in the United States, the European Union, and elsewhere in the world where GATE has facilities. GATE collects and stores the following personal information:
• email address, phone numbers, physical contact information, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information (including credit card and billing information);
• computer sign-on data, statistics on page views, traffic to and from GATE and ad data (all through cookies - you can take steps to disable the cookies on your browser although this is likely to affect your ability to use the site);
• other information, including users IP address and standard web log information.
Use. GATE uses users' personal information to:
• provide our services;
• track, confirm and fulfill purchases;
• resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
• encourage safe trading and enforce our policies;
• customize, measure, and improve user experience and our services, content, and advertising;
• deliver targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers to you according to your preferences;
• do other things for users as described when GATE collects the information.
Disclosure. GATE doesn't sell or rent users' personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without users explicit consent. GATE may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a posting or other content violates other's rights, or protect anyone's rights, property, or safety. GATE may also share personal information with:
• corporate affiliates who help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and provide joint services. (Our corporate affiliates will market only to users who ask them to).
• service providers who help with our business operations.
• third-party websites and publishers so ads (or the content of the ads) published on GATE
can also be published on a broader array of venues or information vehicles.
• GATE Daily Deal merchants who require information on the GATE Daily Deals customers who purchased their offer so that the offer can be fulfilled. In such cases, the GATE Daily Deal Merchants are only permitted to use this information for GATE Daily Deal transaction-related purposes that are not unsolicited commercial messages.
Access, Modification, and Deletion. You can see, modify or erase most of your personal information by reviewing and modifying your posting or account status page, by signing on to My GATE or by contacting customer support to review any personal information GATE stores that is not available on GATE. There may a charge associated with such requests but these will not exceed the amounts permitted by law. GATE deletes personal information when GATE no longer needs it for the purposes we described earlier. GATE retains personal information as permitted by law to resolve disputes, enforce our policies; and prevent bad guys from coming back. If you have further questions, you can write to the Data Controller:
Transfer of Personal Data to Other eBay Companies. We may share your information with members of the eBay Inc. corporate family - like eBay or PayPal - to provide joint content and services (like registration, transactions and customer support), to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about their products, services and communications. Members of our corporate family will use this information to send you marketing communications only if you've requested their services.
Security. GATE uses lots of tools (encryption, passwords, physical security) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure, but as you probably know, nothing's perfect, so GATE makes no guarantees.
Cookies. GATE or our service providers may use "cookies" (small files placed on your hard drive) on certain of our pages to help analyze our web page flow; customize our services, content and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety. A few important things you should know about cookies are that:
• You are always free to decline cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of some of our sites or services. For more information on your choices about accepting cookies, consult your browser help function.
General. GATE may update this policy at any time, with updates taking effect when you next use the site or after 30 days, whichever is sooner. If GATE or our corporate affiliates are involved in a merger or acquisition, GATE may share personal information with another company, but this policy will continue to apply. Send questions about this policy to customer support.
Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information
Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not disclose your eBay password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify eBay and change your password.
You can see, review and change most of your personal information by signing on to eBay. Generally, we will not manually modify your personal information because it is very difficult to verify your identity remotely. You must promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate. Once you make a public posting, you may not be able to change or remove it.
Protecting and Storing Your Personal Information
We store and process your personal information on our computers in the United States and elsewhere in the world where our facilities are located. We protect your information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centres, and information access authorization controls.
We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date, and we provide you with the opportunity to update your information through your account profile settings.
Closing Your Account; Retention of Personal Information
Upon your request, and subject to the provisions in this section, we will close your account and, as soon as reasonably possible, remove your personal information so that it cannot be viewed by other users. Removal will be based on your account activity and in accordance with
applicable law. We may also close or deactivate inactive accounts, or accounts that are used in violation of our User Agreement.
In general, personal information from closed or inactive accounts will be deleted or rendered anonymous as soon as reasonably possibly after the account is closed or deactivated. Under certain circumstances we may retain personal information from closed or inactive accounts for longer. Grounds for doing so would include; prevention of fraud, collection of fees owed, resolution of disputes, to enforce our eBay User Agreement, or to otherwise take actions permitted by law. Under such circumstances this information will be kept as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations, and to comply with any applicable law.